Saturday, March 16, 2013

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

I woke this morning to a text from a friend which contained a link to an encouraging, upbeat, happy song (Jamie Grace's Show Jesus.)  It so inspired me that I got up on the right side of the bed!  (Same side as every morning, but it's amazing how sometimes that can be the wrong side. Hmm...)

Q ended up having to go in to work this morning, so I moved very leisurely.  After a healthy breakfast of blueberries, Kashi, and skim milk (only five points - yes I'm counting and doing Weight Watcher's again, and I'm on a roll - worked out four days in a row) and of course, a cup of coffee, I continued my homework from the Bible study I'm doing (Believing God.)  Today's lesson is all about "taming the tongue" and speaking the word of God, speaking life.  That is exactly what my friend did with that text message to me this morning.  God also spoke life to me in my homework by including the Bible verse I chose yesterday to memorize.  His timing never ceases to amaze me.  I can't count the number of times He has confirmed something or smiled at me through His word by having that very word show up in something I'm reading or listening to after I've taken a step of faith.  He knows I need those little reminders that He knows every detail.

The sun was streaming through the front windows, and the breeze was blowing a tune on my wind chimes, so I decided to get out in the warmth of it and explore some of the fascinating things God put in nature for us to find.  I took my camera with me and took pictures of as many kinds of moss I could find just walking through the neighborhood.  You are probably looking just like my neighbor did when I was blocking her from getting in her driveway and I explained that I was looking at her wonderful collection of moss.  

[Insert conversion from Disney's Beauty and the Beast between father and daughter:
Belle:  Papa, do you think I'm odd?
Maurice:  My daughter...odd? (He is peering out from under a machine wearing a bizarre pair of boggle-eyed glasses.)  Where would you get an idea like that?
Belle:  Oh, I don't know.]

Actually, I am working on a project for my correspondence writing course, and it has to do with moss.  So, there was a method to my madness! Anyway, the day is gorgeous!  The sun is filtering through the trees casting wonderful shadows on the ground below.  The breeze is spreading sweet scents of blooming daffodils as they gracefully dance in the wind. Tiny flowers and little green sprouts are shooting up everywhere.  Do you know how many kinds of moss there are?! I love that God has such a great imagination (kind of helps explain some of my wild ideas since we are all made in His image!)  God not only speaks to us through His written word but through nature as well.  For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made...Romans 1:20 (NIV)  Hence why I love birds and bugs, flowers and trees; some of my favorite things are these.

I'm really just kind of rambling, but I do pray God uses my mouth to speak life to the people around me. I hope you have a wonderfully blessed day.

Grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ's gift. Ephesians 4:7 (ESV)
Therefore, let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in times of need.   Hebrews 4:16 (NASB)


1 comment:

  1. You spoke life to me today from across the miles, my dear friend. How I needed to read what God put on your heart to share. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete