Monday, March 25, 2013

Bird's Eye View

I met a small goal this morning.  I'm back down to doing 5K in under 40 minutes (just barely) on the elliptical! I'd do a happy dance if I still had the energy...I love to run, but I have developed some problems in my feet that keep me from it at present, so the elliptical is now how I "run." I put in my earbuds and play tunes from my phone and just go for it.  Not quite the same as running outside, so its good I'm blessed with a good imagination! It's amazing how small things can make you feel great.  :o)

On the way home from the gym, I stopped by Wally World to pick up a few items off the grocery list.  When I came back out to my car, I spotted this little guy...so cute!

Poor little fellow - all fluffed up and hugging close to a warm tire just trying to stay out of the frigid wind and spitting snow! This is the south; it's not the norm to be this cold right now!

I got in my car, and reached to turn the key in the ignition, then noticed these three little guys in the multilevel warming chamber right in front of me.

If you're a nature lover like me, I know this gives you a little thrill and makes you smile.  It did me!  They were just another reminder to me that God knows all my details and is watching over, caring for, and encouraging me.

Matthew 6:25-26
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"

Matthew 10:29-31
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

I hope you are encouraged today! [[grin]] 

No comments:

Post a Comment