Hmm..So instead of griping, I am going to look for what I can GRIP of the GOOD and strengthen myself as James advises.
...So...how do I do that? I guess I will start with the little things that gave me joy today:
- woke up slowly, nice and toasty, in a warm bed this morning.
- had the privilege to study and worship with fellow believers at church.
- stayed warm and dry in front of a happy wood fire as it stormed outside.
- had a restful afternoon.
- received a visit from my son and granddaughter this afternoon. (Put stars by this one!)
- noticed that my favorite oak tree now has buds on it.
- discovered who has been making a mess on the car that stays parked in the drive. (This seems like an odd one, I'm sure, but the culprit is a beautiful bluebird who is nesting in what is supposed to be a martin house, though martins have never nested there. The bluebirds come back every year. Anyway, the bluebird lands on the side mirror, hops down to the top of the door under the window and looks at himself in the reflection, then hops back onto the mirror. Ya gotta admit, that's kind of funny.)
- had a good study about exhortation this evening in growth group.
- had dinner and good conversation with friends after church this evening.
- enjoyed seeing the waterfall in our front yard. (We have a dry ditch that cuts across the front of our yard where all the water from rain flows down to from the hills in the neighborhood into the drain, and there was so much water that it flowed over, as well and under, the extra drive.)
- just went outside to see if I could catch a picture of the budding oak to share with you, but it's too dark. But what do you think was looking down on me from the sky tonight? A bright, happy, full moon.
- Now I'm enjoying a cup of hot peach passion tea.
|Sorry it's so dark, but here's the full moon, the favorite oak (left) & the martin house (aka bluebird house on the right.)|
|I'm odd, I know, pretty tea pot and hippy mug full of Peach Passion tea!|