Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Just Silliness


My correspondence writing “teach”
is constantly telling me
To write something…anything…
Set your words free!
But I sit here with pages blank
and only scratch my knee.

I’ve joined a group of bloggers –
hoping that they’d inspire,
Their words seem to flow freely
while mine seemed stuck in mire.
Oh Lord, you got an extra brain
that, maybe, I could aquire?

I read about a kayak trip, baby chicks,
true love, and mother’s day,
Bottled air, help with solitaire,
and little boys at play.
But what’s my mind tell me to type?
A wordy rhyme puree!

I don’t know why it works like this.
Perhaps it’s writer’s block.
I know you're thinking, I am too,
what a load of crock!
Don’t worry this “poem” is at it’s end.
In shock? Be nice, don’t mock!

"A [wo]man has joy in an apt answer, and how delightful is a timely word!" Proverbs 15:23 (NASB)

2 comments:

  1. LOL Delightful. We all have those days of stumbling over our words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying your passion for words and the stories the become. Looking forward to seeing more soon. Love you, me...

    ReplyDelete